NOTE : On Lion, there is a bug when adding a new filter. This will be fixed in the next maintenance release. Workaround : you can press "Cancel" instead of "Ok" to add the filter. Sorry for the long wait but 'AppStore review' times are around one month now.
It is based on non destructive layers and filters. The layers are at the left and the filters are at the right of the window. To edit a photo, just drag it into the window (or layers’ list) and it will be added as a new layer. LiveQuartz supports Gestures (Multi-Touch).
http://www.rhapsoft.com/?menu=livequartz_video (will be updated with LiveQuartz 2 demos in the coming days)
Important Note : LiveQuartz 2 is only compatible with 64 bit Intel Macs
• "Layer moving tool"
• "Duplication tool"
• "Drawing tools" (lines, rectangles, rounded corners rectangles, ovals)
• "Eraser tool"
• "Background eraser tool"
• "Gradient tools"
• "Rich Text tool"
• "Filter effect tool"
• "Selection tool"
• "Magnifying glass"
• rhif (native non destructive format), pdf, png, jpeg, jpeg2000, tiff, tga, gif, bmp, OpenEXR
• Read only :
raw, photoshop (merged layers), icns, sgi, Windows ico, Windows cursor, FlashPix, MacPaint, QuickTime Import Format, Radiance, XWindow bitmap
Standard Core Image Filters + Shadow filter + "Flip" geometry filter (more than 110 filters available)
Whats New in Version 2.0
• Built for Mountain Lion and Lion
• «Sandbox» support
• Full Screen support
• Simplified and more modern UI with more contextual informations
• New text layer UI (full text editor per text layer with rich text editing and alignment settings, etc)
• More standard Filters added (110+ filters available)
• Sharing popover menu support to export to popular social web sites like Twitter, Flickr, Email, AirDrop, Message and very soon : Facebook (only on Mountain Lion)
• Auto Save support (only on Mountain Lion)
• Versions support (only on Mountain Lion)
• Updated file format RHIF
• New «Export» menu to export a LiveQuartz image to popular image file formats (it replaces "Save As...")
• Retina Display support status : Critical bugs are fixed but some tools' bugs remain (drawing tools and selections). Graphical User Interface is 90% ready for Retina Display. Support of ‘Retina image editing’ will be enhanced in next releases.
• After adding a multiple pages PDF as a layer, we can choose the page in layer settings popover.
• Precise positioning of layers
• Possible to fill a layer with current color
• QuickLook plug-in bug fixes
• More stable Import from Device and Scanner UI (only on Mountain Lion)
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• New option in preferences to open all images as a native LiveQuartz document
• Auto-resizable text layer settings popover
• Status bar potential layout problem fixed
• Bug fixes
What's New in Version 2.0.3
- Bug fixes